Available Buildings

Available Buildings

Cash rewards are available for individuals referring and/or bringing a business and jobs to the Mountain Electric Cooperative service area. Click here for more details

Mountain Electric Cooperative is actively involved with economic development within our service area. When we assist prospective companies, we explain possible options in the following areas:

  • Water
  • Sewer
  • Electric Power
  • Employee Training
  • Low Interests Loans
  • Economy Surplus Power (available for 5,000 kw and larger)
  • New Facility Construction
  • Water Heating
  • Work force
  • Technical Assistance

MEC’s service area has a skilled work force available. The industrial work force is totally non-union. They are loyal, hard working with low absentee rates and excellent work ethics. The area’s tax rate is moderate with the cost of living being relatively low. Sewer facilities are available in many areas with public water systems in most areas. There are airports within minutes of Newland, Banner Elk and Mountain City. Each community and town has good educational facilities. If your interest includes a wonderful place to raise a family, our area is perfect.



Film Processing Building in Johnson County Industrial Park

We have leased the manufacturing portion and have the warehouse left.

Manufacturing/ Warehouse/ Office space
Located in the Johnson County Industrial Park
Metal building on concrete slab.
3 phase power, water, LP gas, and sewer.
11,000 square feet manufacturing/warehouse space
3,000 square foot office/ break room/ training/ cafeteria space.

Will make improvements per tenants needs with a long term lease.
Call: Johnson County Mayor @ 423-727-9696 for complete details.

Other County contacts:

Mountain City, Mayor: 423-727-8005
Johnson County Tax Assessor’s office: 423-727-7692

Mountain Electric Cooperative Economic Development Department 423-727-1811



Title VI Statement of Non-Discrimination
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age or disability. Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: [email protected]