State Inspector Information
A final electrical inspection must be passed before electric service can be connected.
To schedule an inspection in Tennessee:
- Carter County: 423-547-8646 on Monday’s and Wednesday’s between 8:00-9:00 a.m.
- Johnson County: 423-727-1813 on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s between 8:00-9:00 a.m.
To schedule an inspection in North Carolina:
- Avery County: 828-733-8204
- Burke County: 828-438-5420
- McDowell County: 828-652-5757
Septic System Services are now Computerized in Tennessee
1. Online application services are available.to customers at
2. Septic records can be located independently by completing a
Staff contact office numbers are available on the Division of Water
Resources website at
Department of Environment & Conservation – Division of Water Resources
Johnson City Field Office – 423.854.5400
Environmental Scientist, Johnson & Carter Counties – Will Miller 423.434.6943.