Mountain Electric’s Residential Surge Protection Program
- 15-year surge product guarantee by the mfg. (Meter-Treater Inc.).
- Replacement or repair of white items, such as range, refrigerator, freezer, washer, dryer, and HVAC unit up to $5,000 per item, per incident.
- Warranties are directly from the mfg. (Meter-Treater Inc.) and handled directly by them.
- Warranty does not cover wells, well pumps, and supplementary pump equipment.
- Under no circumstances does Meter-Treater Inc. or MEC guarantee performance for a lightning strike.
- Surge Protection Brochure
What does it cost?
- $5 per month and a 3-year lease will get you started. This covers the meter base whole- house protection device that MEC will install. Meter device remains the property of and is maintained by MEC. There is a $20 installation fee (unless it is a new meter set).
- Every member who signs up for surge protection will receive a free point-of-use device that has 6 rotatable AC outlets, and telephone modem and coax connectors (while they last).
- Other point-of-use devices are available for purchase at the following link:http://www.surgeguardian.com or by contacting the manufacture at their toll free number:800-638-3788
- Sign up for the surge protection program today by visiting your local MEC office.