MEC Energy Right Programs
- 6% financing is available for qualified customers.
- Repayment of loan can be made by monthly payments on your electric bill.
- No down payment is required.
- There is a 40-point inspection to assure proper installation.
- Choose your contractor from MEC’s Quality Contractor list.
- Loan must be made in landowner’s name.
Visit www.energyright.com or call 423-727-1811 for additional information or questions.
IN HOME ENERGY EVALUATION
Effective December 1, MEC will offer a new in-home energy evaluation program called eScore. Keep visiting our website for more information about this great new program. Additionally, you can analyze your home’s energy efficiency by using this Home Energy Suite,where you can learn where to make changes and save money on your monthly bill.
WATER HEATER REBATE PROGRAM FOR RESIDENTIAL HOMES
(PLEASE NOTE: Mountain Electric Cooperative does not endorse tankless water heaters.)
Be aware of the energy factor (EF) before you buy a new water heater. The higher the energy factor, the more efficient the water heater. The energy factor (EF) indicates a water heater’s overall energy efficiency based on the amount of hot water produced per unit of fuel consumed over a typical day. This includes the following:
- Recovery efficiency – how efficiently the heat from the energy source is transferred to the water.
- Standby losses – the percentage of heat loss per hour from the stored water compared to the heat content of the water (water heaters with storage tanks).
- Cycling losses – the loss of heat as the water circulates through a water heater tank, and/or inlet and outlet pipes.
MEC’s Water Heater Incentives.
|When you purchase||Incentive|
|Less than .92 energy factor, minimum 40 gallon||receive a $25 credit on your bill|
|.92-.94 energy factor, minimum 40 gallon||receive a $50 credit on your electric bill|
|.95 energy factor, minimum 40 gallon||receive a $75 credit on your electric bill|
|Install a minimum .95 energy factor, 40 gallon electric water heater in a new home||receive a $100 credit on your electric bill|
|Converting from gas to electric, a minimum .92 energy factor, 40 gallon electric water heater||receive a $100 credit on your electric bill|
|Installing a heat pump water heater||receive a $100 credit on your electric bill|
Incentive must be requested no later than 90 days from invoice date, WH installation must be complete, and a copy of the purchase invoice must be submitted. Mountain Electric does not endorse electric tankless water heaters. They have a long payback period, require expensive electrical upgrades, and may create power quality issues. Water Heater Rebate Application Form Visit www.energyright.com or call 423-727-1811 for additional information or questions.
Get $300 for a standard e-right new home. Here are some general guidelines to help meet the standard energy-right rating. (Must have a 86-93 rating)
- Must have a TVA approved, QCN installed, heat pump, and min 13 SEER and pass MEC inspection.
- Must have an electric water heater.
- Must be an “All Electric” home. (1,200 sq. ft. min.)
- R-30 min. attic insulation minimum.(R-38, NC)
- R-13 min. wall insulation minimum.(R-19, NC)
- R-19 min. floor insulation minimum.(R-30, NC)
- Insulated doors and windows.
- Home must meet “HERS” (Home energy rating system) rating of 93, maximum.
- Modular homes must meet the same standards.
Upgrade to a Platinum Home and get an additional $100 rebate. Visit www.energyright.com or call 423-727-1811 for additional information or questions.